Type 2 Zebra report, 6th place

מידע על טורנירים עתידיים, ליגות אזוריות ותחרויות ארציות; דיונים על טורנירים קודמים

מנהלים: Orb, Ward

Beryl the Green
Tolarian Master
הודעות: 1890
הצטרף: 19/5/2003 , 21:14
מיקום: Tel-Aviv
אמר/ה תודה: 0
קיבל תודה: 0
יצירת קשר:

Type 2 Zebra report, 6th place

שליחה על ידי Beryl the Green »

This was my first Zebra, and I must say, I was impressed. It all went smoothly, with no problems of hosting several tourneys at once. The singles prices were a little high though.
The tournament started at a 20 minute delay, but soon we were all ready to go.
I played a rouge deck, as always, Monoblue control. It was tohught of months before as a fun deck, but I basicly worked on it for about a week. I expected to get a 1-4 in the games.
The deck looked something like this:

4 stalking stones
3 Blinkmoth nexus
16 islands
3 flooded strands
3 complicate
3 vedalken shackles
3 discombobulate
3 echoing truth
3 concetrate
3 oblivion stone
2 boomerang
4 consdensend [sp]
4 mana leak
2 evacuation
2 grid monitor
2 solemn simulacrum

sideboard:
4 annul
4 domineer
2 evacuatoin
1 aquire --> Great card, i should have put more, but I didnt have any
2 fatespinner
2 chalice of the void

Most of the metagame were ravagers, and luckily, I didn't end playing one at all.

Match 1: Renan Gross Vs. Danny (Canopy Crawler)- Urzatron
Game 1: He plays a first turn Urza land. Oh great, Urzatron. I didn't playtest against it at all, so I had no idea what to expect. Basicly he played decree, I cast evacuation. Then he played mindslaver, really damaging me, but I manged to survive. He plays a planar portal. The thing is really annoying! with the portal, he took a white bringer. I cast shackels to try and retain it, but he just took another mindlsaver with the portal, and game.
Game 2: I side annul and aquire for mana leaks and complicate. I had a fair game going, with a solemn and shackles in play. I annuled a planar portal and discombobulated the next. However, he decreed for 15. I didnt find and echoing truth OR evacuate, so I lost the match.

0-1, 0 points

I was a bit discouraged for losing the first match, especailly to decree, which I had plenty of answers against in the deck, but then again, it fit into my 1-4 plan.

Match 2: Renan Gross Vs. Itzhack (dont remember last name)- goblins
Game one: He plays a sledder and prospector and attacks a bit. I counter the important things- Piledriver, Siege gang commander. He managed to get a warchief, but I already had shackels in play, and I used his own warchief and my Solemn to win.
Game 2: Game 2 was even more Shackles terror. I took over a piledriver and a sharpshooter, and from then on, it wasnt so hard. He tried to play siege gang commander, but I countered it, and played a grid monitor.

1-1, 3 points

At this point Daniel came running and said "Im not a scrub anymore!". I think he won a game. It was soon twisted into "Im not a virgin...erm...Scrub anymore!".

Match 3: Renan Gross Vs. Goblins (sorry, your name just escaped me!)
Game 1: I let a sledder resolve, and that was pretty much the game. I also let a sharpshooter resolve, just to play and activate vedalken shackles. He called me evil.
Game 2: I didnt have much counters, so I let sledder and 2 sharpshooters resolve. Luckily, I had echoing truth, so up they went. A shackles, and I had a sharpshooter, which pretty much wins the match.

2-1, 6 points

It turns out the Vedlakren shackles is one of the most powerful cards in the deck!

Match 4: Renan Gross Vs. Ariel (prismatic)- Tooth and Nail
Game 1: A very long and hard game. He played a turn 2 vine trellis. I tries to play vernal bloom I counter it. I play shackles, but he plays shaman, so I had to boomerang my own shackles. I counter 2 tooth and nails. However, pretty soon I had oblivion stone, and no counters in hand- bad news for me. He plays another tooth and nail, bringing 2 eternal witnesses. From there on, its just a downwards spiral. I try to recover, and foolishly blow the oblivion stone- he had another witness in hand. Game.
Game 2: I side in aquire. A single aquire. Luckly, his "Cult of the bunny" cut brought it straight into my opening hand. He tries to play some spells, like vernal bloom, bu I counter them. I kept trying to figure out what I will do when I cast aquire- for some reason, I could only think of him having mindslaver. then I remembered- he has Darksteel collossus! I take it with the aquire. I also had a stone, so after I blew it up, he remined on 22 life. I attacked, he was on 11. I also had 2 bounce spells in my hand, so it was a game.
As soon as we finished shuffling the decks, time was called. We agreed on a tie.
2-1-1, 7 points.

Match 5: Renan Gross Vs. Dolev?- tooth and nail.
Game 1: I have no idea what his deck is, so I gamble and play a grid monitor as soons as I had 4 lands. He also had 4 lands, but did nothing. In my hand, I had about 4 counters, 1 of them discombobulate to get me another. He just sat there trying to play spells, and I just countered them until my monitor killed him.
Game 2: A bit longer. I play a solemn, but he destroys it. I play another. I had a vedlakren shackles in hand, but didnt want to risk losing them. While he tried to play spells and I countered them, I slwoly attacked him until he was on 4. I ran out of counters, and he played entwined tooth and nail. He got Leonine abunas and platinum angles. I draw a card...Vedlakren shackles! I play both of them, first targeting abunas, then angel. Because of the abunas, my shackles couldnt be the target as well, and I won the following turn.

3-1-1, 10 points.

Match 6: Renan Gross Vs. Stav (maud'dib)- Suicide Black.
Game 1: wheepe, a 30 minute game. he started some early beats, but they were stopped by shackles, oblivion stone, and bounce. He played a Nexus, I played a Nexus. we traded them in combat. He played another Nexus. and another. At this point, he started beating me with the Nexuses(?maybe Nexi?). I kept trying to dig for answer, scrying my own Solemns, then blowing the stone to draw a card! after the stone, I drew a Nexus, which kept me alive. Then he drew another Nexus. Topdecker. Overall, in this 30 minute game, he took me down from 17 to 0 with only blinkmouth Nexus.
Game 2: He sides dark banishings and Devour in Shadows against me. The game was pracitcly the same game, only I was the one with the Nexus. He had 1, while I had 3. I also had Shackles, and used them to take a 5/6 creature which had an upkeep cost of sacking a permanent, and whenever he dealt damage the opponets had to sacrifice 2 peramnents. I sacrificed him for himself. A grid monitor and a stalking stones finished the job.
Game 3: there was no time for game 3. He decided to be the good man and conceded, so I could go to the top 8. Thank you, Stav!
4-1-1, 13 points.
Enough to bring me into 6th place, which is 5 boosters. Go me. After that, I stayed a bit, then went home.

Overall, the tournament was nice. However, I was disgusted at the fact that a monoblue control in type 2 can get that high. How low can we go?

*I apologize for any mistakes and misinformations I had. All of these are from memmory. If anyone wishes to correct me, please PM me and I will do so.*
To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.
BLiTZ
MTGil Wizard
הודעות: 256
הצטרף: 09/6/2004 , 17:08
מיקום: בית-שמש
יצירת קשר:

שליחה על ידי BLiTZ »

very nice report, damn the singles were high...
but better than freak at least.
nice reports i liked readin it
Slow_Cat כתב: התחלתי לישון ומישהו העיר אותי וזה היה יוני מצוות הזברה והוא התחיל לרדוף אחרי בגלל שבילגנתיאת הקלפים בזברה והאיים עליי שהוא יקפוץ עליי ויזרוק עליי קומונים ושיט ררים :-:
Wolfy
MTGil Wizard
הודעות: 392
הצטרף: 30/7/2003 , 18:46

שליחה על ידי Wolfy »

יפה מאד, דיווח נחמד. אני חושב שזה היה מאד יפה מצד סתיו להכנע כדי שלפחות מישהו מכם ירוויח יותר.
TrUnks
Solemn master
הודעות: 10683
הצטרף: 18/1/2004 , 17:22
מיקום: הוד השרון
יצירת קשר:

שליחה על ידי TrUnks »

דיווח יפה מאוד
כל הכבוד לסתיו!! :)
אני משדר משחקים מכל הפורמטים בmagic online בלינק הבא למי שמעוניין-
http://www.twitch.tv/nivshm
נטע
MTGil Wizard
הודעות: 1896
הצטרף: 14/4/2003 , 15:12
יצירת קשר:

שליחה על ידי נטע »

יפה מאוד, מקום מכובד.
נטע
Muad'Dib
Emperor of Dune
הודעות: 555
הצטרף: 06/5/2003 , 0:14
מיקום: Sietch Tabar, Dune

שליחה על ידי Muad'Dib »

I agree, I am a good person :D , give it up for me, wohooooo, stav, stav, stav...

by the way, if I ever see my deck killng some with only the Nuexus' again I will go mad, that was the most boaring (and funny) thing that ever happened to my, I refuse to play against you again :P
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer.
From the Bene Geserit teachings -
aviraman
Griffin Master
הודעות: 1811
הצטרף: 07/9/2002 , 2:00
מיקום: באר שבע

שליחה על ידי aviraman »

רנן! ישר כוח על זה שהגעת למקום כל כך נאה עם דק muck!
JohnS
MTGil Wizard
הודעות: 3055
הצטרף: 24/8/2001 , 2:00
מיקום: Ashkelon/Tel-Aviv
יצירת קשר:

שליחה על ידי JohnS »

Very nice report!
But my own is still longer :P
הפלאפון שלי: 054-4685102
אני לא יכול לשנות לכם שם משתמש, רק Psibeast ו-Antrax יכולים. אני לא נותן עזרה בבניית חבילות!
אני לא יכול לאמת אותכם בלי לראות אותכם או סריקה של תעודה מזהה שלכם.
Beryl the Green
Tolarian Master
יצירת קשר:

JohnS כתב:Very nice report!
Qaulity>qauntity. Or was it the other way around?

Stav-If you ever do more then 15 damage with 1/1 Nexus, I will perosnally break each bone in your body. Do NOT make people suffer like that again!
(ps- Plural Nexus can be both Nexus and Nexuses)
To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.
Muad'Dib
Emperor of Dune

שליחה על ידי Muad'Dib »

you know that my deck was supposed to beat you sensles to a bloody pulp, but nooooo, you had to go and ruin that plan by putting in to play those stupid, stupid, shakels :evil: :evil: :evil:

so I had to fall back on my only craetures you couldn't take from me, and could be countered or destroeid by your stone
Beryl the Green
Tolarian Master
יצירת קשר:

Actually, the shackles also stopped me somewhat. Because of them, you didnt play creatures. So I sat with a handful of counters, waiting to scry or discomboulate to dig for answers. But nooo, you dont play spells, so I had do do that to my own solemns. I wouldnt have minded another shackles tohugh :)
Muad'Dib
Emperor of Dune

שליחה על ידי Muad'Dib »

but still, you did mange to topdeck an other Nexus :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beryl the Green
Tolarian Master
יצירת קשר:

Yeah, after consendcing my own solem, and then also blwoing up the stone just to draw a card from the solem, I managed to draw a nexus. oh yeah, then so did you a turn later.
ben
MTGil Wizard
הודעות: 2636
הצטרף: 07/6/2003 , 12:27

שליחה על ידי ben »

למה אקוויר ולא ברייברי? שניהם גונבים את הקולוזוס הידוע לשמצה, אבל הבריברי גונב גם דרקונים ושלל חולרות.
Beryl the Green
Tolarian Master
יצירת קשר:

Ben- Simply put, I didn't have bribery. I really suck at sidebaords, i just stuff what ever I want and hope for the best. this time it went good.
Michel
מארגן טורנירים בצפון ת"א
הודעות: 139
הצטרף: 23/4/2003 , 23:25
מיקום: תל אביב

שליחה על ידי Michel »

Beryl the Green כתב:
JohnS כתב:Very nice report!
Qaulity>qauntity. Or was it the other way around?

Stav-If you ever do more then 15 damage with 1/1 Nexus, I will perosnally break each bone in your body. Do NOT make people suffer like that again!
(ps- Plural Nexus can be both Nexus and Nexuses)
Don't you just love it when little cute puppy's make cute little life threats :-)
S_C_epter
The ScepterChant
הודעות: 2871
הצטרף: 16/7/2003 , 21:38
מיקום: פתח תקוה
יצירת קשר:

שליחה על ידי S_C_epter »

ben כתב:למה אקוויר ולא ברייברי? שניהם גונבים את הקולוזוס הידוע לשמצה, אבל הבריברי גונב גם דרקונים ושלל חולרות.
עומר-לגנוב דרקונים זה אחד הדברים הכי גרועים שאפשר לנסות לעשות בטייפ 2. מה הבעייה של היריב, במקרה שזה עובר, לעשות ווג בתורו, ומה שעשית בעצם זה Entomb לדרקון שלו, והוא יכול להחזיר אותו ליד עם היכולת שלו? לא עושים שטויות כאלה, אני ניסיתי ושילמתי ביוקר. אקוויר יותר טוב, כי מול טוט' ומונו וויט אתה מאוד מפחד מהסלייבר, לא רק מהקולוסוס.
Master of Puppets כתב:גיחצי.
Orb כתב:"יאללה, דראפט".
Orb כתב: חארטה
Sir Psycho Sexy
הודעות: 4093
הצטרף: 08/9/2002 , 2:00
מיקום: קריית מוצקין

שליחה על ידי Sir Psycho Sexy »

אני חושב שצורת הרבים של Nexus זה Nexi, שכן בד"כ מילים באנגלית שנגמרות בUS הופכות ברבים לI [מושגים ממג'יק- Locus = Loci, Colossus = Colossi].

SPS
Beryl the Green
Tolarian Master
יצירת קשר:

Thats what I thought too. But Webster's unabridged complete dictionary says the plural to Nexus is Nexus. Can't argue with that.
MasterYoda
Jedi Master
הודעות: 1234
הצטרף: 11/4/2003 , 10:52
מיקום: אשקלון
יצירת קשר:

שליחה על ידי MasterYoda »

נקסוס זה כבר ביטוי של רבים, אתה רוצה לומר רבים של ביטוי של רבים? כמו הרבה הרבה-ים?
What does a gnome/kender/halfling say to a minotaur? Moo!
שלח תגובה